Were you inspired by BBC Click to resist an upgrade? Here is what we’re calling on people to do.
Together we will fix our relationship with electronics and make our devices last longer.
We will take back control of the stuff we own, and enjoy innovation at our own pace.
Before we buy
- We will pick products designed to last
- We will take seriously the act of bringing another gadget into the world
When we get a new device
- We will enjoy it
- We will protect it
- We will learn the basics of maintenance
When we have a problem
- We will not panic
- We will not think that only “geniuses” can help
- We will check the warranty
- We will get help online or offline
- We will pay a repairer after getting informed
If we solve our problem, we will share!
If we don’t
- We will share our frustrations publicly
- Then give the device to somebody who can reuse it
- Or recycle it as a last resort