This page outlines the cookies that we use on our website, and what they do.
We use different types of cookies for different purposes. These are:
- strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. (For example, the cookie to remember opt-in consent for cookies!)
- analytical/performance cookies: to analyse the use of our website and its performance, in order to improve it (for example, to count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it). This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- marketing/targeting cookies: we do not use these directly, but some of the third-party services that we embed (e.g. YouTube, Soundcloud) do use these type of cookies. These cookies record your activity as you use a service in order to target advertising to you.
Some different types of cookies
Cookies may be first party or third party. This refers to whether the cookie is set by our site or by another third party website.
- First Party. First-party cookies are those set by the website that is being visited by the user at the time – the website displayed in the address bar of your browser.
- Third Party. Third-party cookies are cookies that are set by a domain other than that of the website you are visiting. If you visit a website and another entity sets the cookie through that website, this would be a third-party cookie.
Cookies may also be persistent or session cookies.
- Persistent cookies. These cookies remain on your device for the period of time specified in the cookie. They are used each time you visit the website that created the cookie.
- Session cookies. Session cookies are created temporarily. These cookies allow websites to link your actions during a browser session. A browser session starts you open the browser window and finishes when you close the browser window. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
The cookies we use
Cookies set by us (first party)
|DYNSRV||therestartproject.org||The DYNSRV cookie is set by our hosting provider’s “load balancing” system. This is used to make sure the website is not overloaded. This cookie stores no information about the user.||Analytical / Performance|
|_ga, _gat, _gid||therestartproject.org||Used to distinguish users on the Google Analytics platform and to control the speed at which requests are made to the Google Analytics platform. Statistics derived from this information help us identify how well certain pages and aspects of the site perform, and where we can make improvements to help visitors access the information they need more quickly and with less hassle.||Analytical / Performance|
|wtvt_[somenumbers], wordfence_verifiedHuman||therestartproject.org||Our website uses “Wordfence”, which is a security plugin. These cookies help it distinguish between malicious visitors to the website and genuine people.||Analytical / Performance|
|__stripe_mid, __stripe_sid,||therestartproject.org||Session cookies for Stripe. (More information on Stripe below.)||Necessary|
|__cfduid||therestartproject.org||The _cfduid cookie is used by Cloudflare to detect malicious visitors. It collects and anonymizes visitor IP addresses using a one-way hash of certain values so they cannot be personally identified.||Necessary|
|gdprcookienotice||therestartproject.org||Used to record what cookie settings have been chosen.||Necessary|
Cookies set by others (third party)
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||youtube.com||Tries to estimate the users’ bandwidth on pages with integrated YouTube videos.||Analytical / Performance|
|PREF||youtube.com||Registers a unique ID that is used by Google to keep statistics of how the visitor uses YouTube videos across different websites.||Marketing|
|YSC||youtube.com||Registers a unique ID to keep statistics of what videos from YouTube the user has seen.||Marketing|
|sc_anonymous_id||soundcloud.com||…||Analytical / Performance|
|__utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz||w.soundcloud.com||These are Google Analytics cookies used by Soundcloud.||Analytical / Performance|
|UID, UIDR||scorecardresearch.com||Collects information such as timestamp for visits, most recently loaded pages and IP addresses. The data is used by the marketing research network, Scorecard Research, to analyse traffic patterns and carry out surveys.||Marketing|
|nsr||m.stripe.network||This cookie is used by Stripe for payment processing.||Necessary|