Do you have a small electrical or electronic you no longer need? If you are based in the UK and resell it on eBay, you can choose to donate a portion (or all!) of the proceeds to The Restart Project. The service is called eBay for Charity.
This is a great way to support us, as 100% of the donations are passed to us. Individuals (including sole traders and partnerships) can also add Gift Aid, bringing an additional 25% to the value of the donation. Businesses can deduct their donations from total profits when calculating corporation tax.
What you need to know
- If you haven’t used eBay for Charity before, you need to select it by accessing “Advanced sell” the first time you do it
- Under “Raise Money for Your Favourite Charity”, please select “another charity” then search for and select “The Restart Project”. You’ll have to accept terms and conditions for the service
- After creating the first listing, we will appear as a favourite charity in your main menu
- You need to select the percentage of the donation you’re giving, and you can donate up to 100% to The Restart Project. Ebay will credit sellers for the transaction costs proportionally.
Tips for sellers
- Clearly state all you know about the item you’re selling
- Make sure to state that the item is used, whether it has marks, and whether it works
- Be available to answer questions from interested buyers
- More useful tips