Restarters.net is our unique tool to measure the impact of each of our community repair events and those of our network as well as helping us all communicate and organise. It’s powered by our Fixometer platform, and helps us share the importance of repair and gain support, including funding, for our efforts.
- Announce your events on our homepage / events page linking to your own page;
- Know who’s coming: volunteers can RSVP to events;
- Record the growing impact of your community repair events and embed these on your own site, including:
- how much unnecessary waste and carbon dioxide emissions your group has prevented (in kilograms);
- how many people attended each event;
- how many hours people have volunteered;
- Create or join local groups and invite your own network;
- Co-ordinate with people in your area with new group management & communication tools;
- Join or start conversations with the rest of the community on our discussion platform;
- Access and contribute to our growing knowledge bank on our repair wiki and refreshed Restart Party Kit;
- Find people in your local area and invite them to your group.
Learn how Restarters.net can help you power up your repair. And here’s more about how it works.
Help develop Restarters.net
Thanks to your feedback, we’re constantly adding new features to Restarters.net.
Here are some ideas we’ve already built-in thanks to your feedback:
- Speedier data entry
- A community space for sharing ideas, socialising and collaborating with other users
- A mobile-friendly interface
- New profiles to involve repair volunteers with data quality
- Email updates and notifications about relevant events
- Better integration with social media
- “Live” data entry for projection at events
- Support for recording unpowered items (clothes, bicycles, etc)
There are still many more features we can add and directions we can take. Through your use and feedback, we can prioritise and develop it even further.
The Fixometer part of the platform is open-source and available on Github.
Take a look at our user guides for Restarters.net or simply get in touch at [email protected].