The Mobile Humanitarian Repair Lab is an itinerant place of resources allowing forcibly displaced persons to fix and enhance everyday objects themselves and to initiate a process of resilience on the migratory route.
It is an experimental solidarity program that is part of the French Red Cross.
Repair: provision of tools for repair and volunteer support on:
- Textile / Leather (tents, shoes, sleeping bags, clothes, backpacks…)
- Electronics (lamps, charging stations, mobile phones…)
- Other small repairs (hard to list what’s most essential to each single person)
Protection: provision of machinery and protective materials for personal property:
- Lamination (for administrative documents, photos…)
- Waterproofing (textile/leather)
- Digitization (scan and possible creation of email address)
Personalization: provision of tools and materials for creative customization of personal belongings