The Open Door Repair Café takes place on the first Saturday of every month, 9:30-12:30, at Open Door, on Berkhamsted High Street.
Open Door is a Community Hub in the centre of Berkhamsted, providing a variety of services:-
- a donations café
- a wide range of in person and online creative and wellbeing classes – both weekly classes, and short courses.
- a new men’s programme, Connections, is supporting men to cope with what life throws at them through regular meet-ups and other activities.
- regular exhibitions which showcase the arts and crafts from local artists
- the Community Pantry – a store cupboard in front of our entrance full of food, toiletries and other essentials – for those in need in an emergency or if things are tight before pay day.
- a Memory Café for people with dementia and Alzheimer’s (and a family member/carer) – an opportunity to take part in crafts and games.
- Repair Café, where people can drop in with anything that needs fixing or repairing, and our expert repairers will see what they can do
We ask for a voluntary donation in exchange for your repair, and any refreshments – all donations (after costs) will go towards the running of Open Door.
We will have a range of expert repairers available each month, such as:
- sewing and textiles