This has been an insane year. Anti-Europe MEPs falsely accusing Brussels of ruining their toast… Really? Yes, it actually happened. Meanwhile, we are empowering people to truly take back control of their toasters by helping them to repair them and to value good, durable design.
We’re asking for your support and enthusiasm to carry on and do more to push for better products.
We help people fix stuff. But loads of products are simply made to be thrown away. We are collecting data on how, and organising to use our data and experience to bring about systemic change.
Your donations not only keep our community electronics repair events free, they help us help others to host their own free events, multiplying our reach.
In 2016, we
- hosted a Restart Party with MPs in Parliament
- hosted 32 events in 14 boroughs of London
- started to develop videos and activities for educators and students
- helped Restart Party hosts in new countries including Norway
- appeared on BBC Radio 4, World Service, Hugh’s War on Waste and BBC Watchdog
- conducted research about the commercial repair sector and with participants at our events (watch this space)
- expanded our team!
We set our target this year at £3073.72, the cost of 13 unlucky, official Apple Watch screen repairs.
This will go to our repair equipment, volunteer trips to spread the word and our podcast.
Opt in to leave your email and we will enter you into a drawing for 13 limited edition t-shirts for our London Tour!