Hosted by Repair Cafe Malmö
About the group
We have events mostly on Sunday afternoons at STPLN in Western Harbour, Garaget in Sofielund or other pop-up locations around Malmö. Like Restart, our aim is to fix with you, share knowledge, and learn more about repairing different devices. We focus right now primarily on electronics repair, but there are also general tools and sewing machines available to try any kind of repair!
Fixa och fika med oss! Vårt mål är att sänka tröskeln för att reparera trasig elektronik och att sprida kunskap för att minska elektronikavfallet.
You have skills (or want to learn)?
We are a loose community of people that wants to help reduce the amount of electronic waste, love to fix things and help others repair. There are a lot of things that we can learn from each other and we hope to have more helping hands, no matter what your skills are. Maybe you simply like to help others and see their joy when the toaster works again, you love to organise fun events, or are a retired electrician, or you are looking to learn more about repairing. Send a message to [email protected] or drop by an event!
CO2 emission prevented
Restart Party Do’s and Don’ts
- Check if your device is still within warranty, you may be eligible for a free repair, replacement or a refund. (Which? helps in the UK).
- Take responsibility for your device and your data. Our volunteers are here to help you learn to fix your gadget, not to provide a free repair service. Get involved!
- Backup your data. We can’t be responsible for your cat pics, so please back up your device before you come. (Of course you already do this once a month, right?)
- Charge up your device and bring all leads.
- Get in touch with organisers if you have any questions about whether a fix is possible.
- Assume repairs will be successful. We help fix over half of devices at our events. Even if your repair is unsuccessful, you will learn about your device and why it failed.
- Expect us to have spare parts. But we can help you source them. Often people visit twice: first we’ll help diagnose the fault, then you source the spare part, and on your return we’ll help you do a replacement.
- Attempt a mobile screen repair just to save money. DIY mobile screen repair is a learning opportunity first and foremost. Please see our advice page first.
- Bring a microwave.