quiet Keynsham Repair Cafe #8 10am – 12noon
Go gently, we’re a little bit rusty, and nervous….. after a few attempts, we are hoping to run a small, quiet repair cafe in May. Things will be a little different to before.
PLEASE read and respect the requests from our volunteers, who kindly and generously give their time, materials and skills to help others in their community.
– CLEAN IT – If you are bringing clothes or anything fabric, please wash it, and please empty hoovers. We don’t fix dirty things!
– BAG IT – please put it in a bag NOW, put it to one side, and bring it with you on Saturday. Don’t forget to bring all the cables!!
– On Saturday, come along, register, and we’ll invite you into the repair room when we’re ready to help you – we will be keeping the repair room as empty as possible.
– Keep your distance, use hand gel, and PLEASE WEAR A MASK – many of our volunteers have underlying health conditions, or care for those who do. This small request will help ensure our volunteers stay safe and can help others, as well as helping you.
– As usual, we require that you stay with your object. Please read the rest of the info below too – more tips to help you to help us fix your object.
WHERE? Baptist Church, Keynsham High Street. If the weather is good, we will register people outside in the garden.
WHEN? Saturday 14th May, 10am – 12 noon.
We hope to have about 6 volunteers to help with simple electrics, electronics, plus engineering (mechanical), general tinkering, glueing and textiles.
Please bring any spare parts that you know will be needed, or we can suggest where you might source them – or just turn up and we’ll do our best together!
Things we don’t do: microwaves (just too dangerous, sorry, unless it’s a mechanical issue.) We don’t do home visits. We don’t take items in for us to sell/store/give away.
If you are bringing something unusual to be fixed, feel free to message us first.
We recommend you turn up when the cafe starts to have the best chance of having your item fixed!
Repairs are free. A donation helps to cover the costs of consumables our volunteer repairers use and hire of the hall.
Would you like to volunteer? Please get in touch! keynshamrep[email protected]
We are really looking forward to fixing things on Saturday. If it goes well, and our volunteers are comfortable with how it went, then we hope we can do this monthly again. Let’s see how it goes. Thank you!
Read more about Repair Cafes in general here: www.repaircafe.org/en
+ find more locally on other weekends Bristol Repair Café, Bath Share & Repair, Stockwood Repair Cafe. Plus #MakeAndMend sessions at Somerdale Shed.