Our next Restart Party is on Saturday 20th May, 2-5 pm.
Bring along your broken electronic or electrical items, and have a go at diagnosing the faults and attempting to repair them with the help of our wonderful team of volunteers. We’ll also track how much carbon we save by mending the objects, rather than putting them in a landfill.
Free event – with tea and coffee and snacks all along the way.
If you are knowledgeable in electrical and electronics repairs and would like to volunteer your time and skill to our repair cafe event, please RSVP to the event!
In our last events, we looked at 114 devices and fixed a good number of them. We have saved 129 kg of waste going to landfill and 1439 kg of CO2 emissions from being released.
Restart Party Do’s and Don’ts
* Check if your device is still within warranty, you may be eligible for a free repair, replacement, or refund. (Which? helps in the UK).
* Take responsibility for your device and your data. Our volunteers are here to help you learn to fix your gadget, not to provide a free repair service. Get involved!
* Backup your data. We can’t be responsible for your cat pics, so please back up your device before you come. (Of course, you already do this once a month, right?)
* Charge up your device and bring all leads.
* Get in touch with organisers if you have any questions about whether a fix is possible.
* Assume repairs will be successful. We help fix over half of the devices at our events. Even if your repair is unsuccessful, you will learn about your device and why it failed.
* Expect us to have spare parts. But we can help you source them. Often people visit twice: first we’ll help diagnose the fault, then you source the spare part, and on your return, we’ll help you do a replacement.
* Attempt a mobile screen repair just to save money. DIY mobile screen repair is a learning opportunity first and foremost. Please see our advice page first.
* Bring a microwave.