About the group
The Repair Café Brunnenviertel plays an important role in the transformation project "Kiezladen". On regularly basis it hosts self-help workshops for repairing malfunctioning objects with the support of volunteers, everything happening in a comfortable atmosphere with coffee and cakes. The goal is to extend the life cycle of many objects as well as saving ressources and energy - and money. Besides valuable knowledge of hand crafting is passed on from one to another. We open our doors for you every 4th Monday of the month from 5 - 8 pm. Everyone interested in experiencing how to revive your beloved things is welcome. Feel free to bring your broken home appliances, electric devices, toys, wooden furniture or clothing! (If your budget allows a small donation after your stay, we'd be very happy to transform it into new tools, material or food and drinks for the next Repair Café.) See you there :)
CO2 emission prevented
Restart Party Do’s and Don’ts
- Check if your device is still within warranty, you may be eligible for a free repair, replacement or a refund. (Which? helps in the UK).
- Take responsibility for your device and your data. Our volunteers are here to help you learn to fix your gadget, not to provide a free repair service. Get involved!
- Backup your data. We can’t be responsible for your cat pics, so please back up your device before you come. (Of course you already do this once a month, right?)
- Charge up your device and bring all leads.
- Get in touch with organisers if you have any questions about whether a fix is possible.
- Assume repairs will be successful. We help fix over half of devices at our events. Even if your repair is unsuccessful, you will learn about your device and why it failed.
- Expect us to have spare parts. But we can help you source them. Often people visit twice: first we’ll help diagnose the fault, then you source the spare part, and on your return we’ll help you do a replacement.
- Attempt a mobile screen repair just to save money. DIY mobile screen repair is a learning opportunity first and foremost. Please see our advice page first.
- Bring a microwave.