- The Art of Trouble Shooting book combines theory and practice, you’ll gain insight into the principles that underlie the diagnosis and repair of all machines.
- Battery University is a free educational website that offers both theoretical and practical battery information to engineers, educators, media, students and battery users alike, including advice on maximising rechargeable battery life and safe charging and use.
- Electroboom! makes safety fun(ny) – definitely DO NOT try this at home.
Disassembly and Repair
- Bad Caps Forum is a place to get help for suspected bad electrolytic capacitors.
- Electronics Repair presents tips and guides by Jestine Yong (and his friends around the world) to repair load of electronics products. Super useful.
- Fixit Club consists of simple instructions and tips on troubleshooting and repairing household things that break by best-selling “How Does it Work?” author Dan Ramsey.
- FixYa is building a crowdsourced database of help queries and personalised answers.
- Lowend Mac proposes we use “Apple gear as long as it helps you remain productive and meets your needs, upgrading only as necessary” and helps maintain and use older kit for longer.
- Powerbook Medic is an online library of repair videos mostly of Apple products.
- sci.electronics.repair FAQ is a comprehensive historical archive of tips and guides on repairing many kinds of consumer electronics.
Manuals and Reference Info
- manualslib.com contains a large repository of manuals for various types of device.